The design of Midnight Backup addresses/will address the following goals:
- Network Oriented
- Fully Modular and Extensible Design
- Easy Add-On Creation
- "Bare Metal" Recovery through creation of custom boot disks
- Authentication and Encryption between clients and servers
- Bandwidth Usage Optimization for low-bandwidth connections
- The ability for users to recover their own data without admin intervention
- Multiple output media support (CDrom/CDrw, ftape, disk, etc)
Our document manager has/will have design documents in it, also.
Note that these diagrams are somewhat outdated, and don't really represent the current state of things.
Diagram 1 shows the flow of data in the client.
Diagram 2 shows the flow of data in the server.
Webpage © Copyright 2000 by Nick Rusnovnickrusnov@sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 5 19:40:23 EST 2000
Webpage comments or questions?